To increase maximum operating temperatures and overall performance, Aquatherm developed a revolutionary manufacturing method: faser-composite technology.
The faser-composite layer is a unique feature of Aquatherm piping systems. Made from a blend of the Fusiolen® PP-R material and e-glass fibers, this layer is perfectly integrated into the center of the Aquatherm pipes. By extruding this special layer into the center of the pipe, the exterior and interior layers remain unaltered.
The e-glass fibers expand less than the PP-R material when heated, which prevents the material they are bonded to from expanding. Because the faser-composite layer does not expand, the outside and inside layers can’t either, reducing the overall expansion and contraction of the pipe by 75% when compared to non-faser plastic pipes. The faser-composite layer is only 18% glass fibers, so the fusion properties of the pipe remain the same. There is also no issue with recycling the pipe, as the fibers can be removed during the process.
- Resistant against corrosion
- The linear expansion has been reduced by at least 75%
- The flow has been increased by 20% at same loading capacity due to larger inner diameter
- Higher stability and carrying capacity
- Higher impact strength
- Easy processing: simply cut and weld
For use in:
- Cold and hot potable water applications
- Food processing
- Heating systems
- Rainwater application
- Compressed air systems
- Swimming pool installations
- Pipelines for industrial use