Aquatherm Green Pipe fusion outlets are available for pipe sizes of 1 1/4" - 14" ID (40 mm - 355 mm OD).
Fusion outlets are used for:
- branch connections in existing installations
- the substitution of a tee
- branch connections in risers
- sensor wells, etc.
Fusion Outlet Installation
- Prepare tools following the directions outlined on page 3.1 - 3.3
- The first step is to drill through the pipe all at the intended outlet point by using the Aquatherm Green Pipe drill bit.
- branch 1/2"- 3/4" (20-25 mm): part no. 50940/50941
- branch 1" (32 mm): part no. 50942
- branch 1 1/4" (40 mm): part no. 50944
- branch 1 1/2" (50 mm): part no. 50946
- branch 2" (63 mm): part no. 50948
- When using Aquatherm UV-protected pipes, remove the remaining exterior layer at the bore hole with the Aquatherm Green Pipe chamfering device.
- branch 1/2"- 3/4" (20-25 mm): part no. 50910
- branch 1" (32 mm): part no. 50912
- branch 1 1/4" (40 mm): part no. 50914
- The welding device/outlet welding head must have reached the required operating temperature of 500 °F (260 °C).
- The welding surfaces must be clean and dry.
- Insert the heating tool on the concave side of the fusion outlet head into the hole drilled in the pipe wall until the tool is completely in contact with the outer wall of the pipe. Then insert the fusion outlet fitting into the heating sleeve until the saddle surface rests against the convex side of the welding tool. (Note: Using the fitting to push the iron onto the pipe will overheat the fitting and cause a restriction in the connection.)
- After the welding tool has been removed, immediately insert the fusion outlet into the heated, pre-drilled hole. The fusion outlet should be pressed against the pipe for about 15 seconds. After being allowed to cool for 10 minutes the connection can be exposed to its full loading pressure. The appropriate branch pipe is fitted into the sleeve on the Aquatherm Green Pipe fusion outlets using conventional fusion technology.
The heating time for the pipe and fitting is generally 30 seconds.
By joining the fusion outlet with the pipes outer surface and the pipes inner wall, the connection reaches its maximum strength.